Week 28 | Bumps & Wiggles
- Affirmations | leg cramps and one killer Charlie horse. I woke up with frequent Charlie horses when pregnant with (and birthing) E, so I want to be more proactive in trying to prevent them in this 3rd trimester and took lots of advice from friends. I need all the sleep I can get! Also having worse-than-normal backaches.
- Emotions | happy
- Gender | boy
- Names | surprise
- Baby size | 14.8″ long, size of Chinese cabbage, approx. 2.25 lb.
- To do | Bought a 2nd car seat base this week ($5!). While my husband was at work, I rearranged the furniture in nursery and just need to hang new decorations for our new little boy (and completely redo our guest room, which is currently FULL of furniture and needs to become toddler-safe eventually). Still thinking about finding a new home for our dog.
- Movement felt | Lots more individual BONY body parts poking everywhere! I love studying his profile in my last ultrasound and wondering who he will look like!
- Cravings | healthy food, water, fruit
- Aversions | hamburgers, sweets b/c of heartburn (unfortunately all my birthday freebies are burgers and sweets!)
- Workouts | Ran a 5k, walked around neighborhood, climbed lots of stairs. Began marathon-training exactly a year ago and can’t believe how many good things have happened since!
- Weight | haven’t checked recently but eating very healthily! Appointment with midwife tomorrow to see. Will try to squeeze in my glucose test as well.
- Crazy dreams and sleep patterns | My son currently has a double ear infection (diagnosis at his 2-year “well visit” yesterday), and he’s been getting up early (4:30) and irritably. My dog is also keeping us up constantly because of all the premature (and illegal) 4th of fireworks being set off throughout our town late at night. My dreams are always vivid and nonsensical.
- Best moments this week | E being sweet to his brother and asking for him. When we rock, as long as he has his own Wubba (paci), he always wants to share his backup with the baby:
- Low moment this week | Feeling sick after my race, Charlie horse that night, E’s double ear infection
- Looking forward to | Getting E’s baby clothes back out to go through! Hanging nursery monograms and decorations. 4th of July, his 2nd birthday, and my 30th birthday all this weekend!
- What I miss | Rocking E to sleep without losing circulation while all 26 pounds of him lays on me and baby!
- Messages and prayers to baby | The message at church this week had me consider a new prayer request for you that I wasn’t expecting, so I’ve been thinking and praying about it ever since.