Week 27 | Bumps & Wiggles
- Affirmations: I had a scare one night this week with a severe cramp that lasted about 4 hours – it felt like I had been stabbed. I was really afraid that either something had happened to the baby or that I was going into preterm labor. But it was mostly gone the next morning. Other than that, no major symptoms. I went to the chiropractor Monday for routine maintenance and go back in 4 weeks.
- Emotions: So content.
- Gender: Boy! All 5 pregnant teachers at my school this year had or are having boys!
- Names: Saving as a surprise
- Baby size: 14.5″, 2+ lbs, roughly the size of a cauliflower
- To do: Finish a registry, maybe? Do more research into Essential Oils
- Movement felt: All the time.
- Cravings: Cheese, lemonade
- Aversions: Hamburgers, yogurt
- Workouts this week: Running a 5k on Friday night
- Weight: Right on track, baby weighs about 2 pounds, and my belly measured accurately for his gestational age.
- Crazy dreams and sleep patterns: Baby is still not waking me up except when I get Charlie horses in my leg, like this morning. E, however, pulled 2 all-nighters in a row this week, and on the 3rd night, our Jack Russell woke us up with his hysterical barking.
- Best moments this week: Celebrating our 6-year anniversary! Getting some praiseworthy news on Tuesday – will share soon!
- Low moment this week: My toddler asking for ice all the time for his chipped teeth. Still hurting 😦
- Looking forward to: 4th of July (my favorite holiday), my toddler’s 2nd birthday, and my 30th birthday the next day.
- What I miss: absence of discomfort
- Messages and prayers to baby: This week, your immune system and lungs are maturing, and I pray continually for your health and comfort. I pray that my labor with you goes as smoothly as it can, and that we will hear your first cries for air. I pray that nursing you will go as smoothly as it did with your brother, and that we cherish that bonding time together. I pray for the people in the room with me, that they will be the support I need and just as eager to meet you as I am! Amen.