Week 26: Bumps & Wiggles
- Affirmations: No major symptoms. Just discomfort with the baby moving upward in my short torso (nowhere for him to go!).
- Emotions: Happy and grateful to be a mommy. Three books I’ve read so far this summer have included miscarriages in the storyline, so mine has been on my mind more than usual this week.
- Gender: Boy!
- Names: Surprise
- Baby size: 14 inches, approx. 2 lbs., and the size of a “hothouse cucumber.”
- To do: Ordered and received some gorgeous organic cotton newborn onesies… he may be wearing one of them home from the hospital! So much to do to transition both bedrooms for the boys, but I’m taking my time.
- Movement felt: All the time.
- Cravings: None. Drinking lots of water. Eating lots of strawberries!
- Aversions: Hamburgers, yogurt.
- Workouts this week: Dance class on Monday with my toddler.
- Weight: Right on track, baby weighs about 2 pounds, and my belly measured accurately for his gestational age.
- Crazy dreams and sleep patterns: E has been getting up earlier than normal now that it’s summer (or in the middle of the night hungry with growth spurts or distraught with night terrors), but the baby has not been waking me up – yet.
- Best moments this week: When E felt the baby kicking while I was rocking him to sleep. He looked up at me with these incredulous eyes. I asked him if the baby had kicked him, and he bounced his own little foot against my belly to kick back – whoops!
- Low moment this week: Definitely when I was jumping on the trampoline with E and he ended up chipping 2 teeth when he fell forward onto the metal bar. Blood everywhere! It required one trip to the pediatrician and 2 trips to the dentist (one down, one to go).
- Looking forward to: September! And the rest of the summer with my little boy.
- What I miss: A lot of things.