Week 22: Bumps & Wiggles
A little over halfway there and celebrating this 22nd week of pregnancy with my sweet boy who is now 22 months!
- Affirmations: leg cramps, heart palpitations, back aches
- Emotions: happy
- Gender: BOY!
- Names: We have a first name. ❤ Poor E cannot pronounce it, as hard as he tries! We probably have a middle name. But I also don’t like the finality of it all… I love looking at baby names!
- To do: finish E’s closet makeover. E keeps insisting that we’ve been painting his new homemade shelves with a can of “milk!”
- Movement felt: Constant, all from inside and outside, so my husband can feel, too! Enough now that I can see my belly moving. He moved a LOT while I was watching Frozen the other night, especially during the songs! And of course every time I eat candy.
- Cravings: candy. spicy buffalo chicken dip. sour apple Blow Pops.
- Workouts this week: long bike ride with my family, long walk last night before Life Group. Need to get in gear for an 8k coming up this month! Either that or just decorate a shirt to read “6 months pregnant” and skip training altogether. 😉
- Crazy dreams and sleep patterns: Sleeping soundly with crazy dreams. I’ll take it! I have been spending 1-2 hours per night rocking E to sleep and then going to bed super late/getting up super early for work, so my hours asleep are quality, not quantity.
- Best moments this week: A prayer breakfast at Panera with a group from my church. Feeling a call to serve this summer. The hours spent rocking E – especially when he starts to say nonsensical things as he’s drifting off to sleep, or when he gets extra-snuggly and burrows against me with his arm around my back. So precious!
- Looking forward to: SUMMER. Teacher training tonight at church. Dinner party tomorrow. Graduation this weekend.
- What I miss: Just knowing how fast time is going to fly once this little boy makes his entrance! Yesterday I bought something to use for perspective on his milestone pictures (weekly or monthly). Will start sharing those in October, I’m sure!
- Messages and prayers to baby: I decided to write them privately in my journal this week – pages and pages of thoughts!