Week 21: Bumps and Wiggles!
- Affirmations/signs of pregnancy: swollen ankles, congested/coughing, Charlie horses, heart palpitations, and dehydration -I lost 4 pounds last night! Had a routine maintenance adjustment and therapy at the chiropractor this week, which was heavenly! I even got to lie on my belly for a long time!
- Emotions: This week has been a roller coaster of emotions – all happy though!
- Gender: We had a surprise gender reveal this week for our families in the middle of my husband’s 80s-themed birthday party (thus the costumes)! We were so blessed to be surrounded by BOTH of our families (minus my brothers) as we revealed our big news, which was hidden in the form of a large birthday present, the last gift my husband opened. 🙂
So much to celebrate!! We are so excited about our new little man!
- Names: … I thiiiink we have it!! Closing in for sure!
- To do: CLOSETS. I am in the mood to redesign the closets in the nursery, E’s future room, and hallway.
- Movement felt: Lots of movement in late evenings and mid-mornings – mostly kicking!
- Cravings: Lemonade and candy
- Food aversions: Yogurt, coffee, burgers
- Workouts this week: Girls on the Run 5k at Sweet Briar College! I earned 2 medals so that baby could have one!
- Crazy dreams and sleep patterns: Something about a giraffe in my house. Or in my office.
- Best moments this week: So many moments! My husband’s birthday with family, our surprise gender reveal, our 20-week anatomy ultrasound where we saw our little man and got a CD of pictures, our son’s baby dedication and brunch with family afterward, our Mother’s Day dinner with my in-laws, running the GOTR 5k and getting an extra medal for the baby’s room to go with his already-growing collection of races he’s “run.” We are so blessed! Lots more blog posts in the works. 🙂
- Low moments this week: My son’s school calling Monday to tell me he has poison ivy. Also, our emotional roller coaster this week.
- Looking forward to: SUMMER.
- What I miss: a beautiful idea I had to let go of this week
- Messages and prayers to baby: We dedicated your brother this week at church, and I pray that we will be able to do the same for you. These dedications only symbolize a greater intent to raise you in a Godly home, surrounded by people who will love you and teach you about Jesus’ love and how to love others in the same way, and to raise you in a church that will provide the same support and guidance alongside us. It seems more real now that we know for sure you are a sweet little boy! So we can begin real plans for your nursery now!
More pictures from our reveal. I asked my sister to take pictures of my husband opening the box, but she was the only one who knew there’d be balloons inside!