Week 17: Bumps & Wiggles
- Affirmations: severe cramping, heart palpitations in the mornings (I track time and pulse for my doc), round ligament pain
- Movement: Constant. In fact, there was one day this week I DIDN’T feel much movement – just a bit in the morning followed by a severe cramp that lasted 16 hours. I kept asking my husband – “are you suuure your appendix was on the right?!?. The doc said I’ve been feeling movements early b/c I’m petite – and of course b/c this is pregnancy #3. Baby’s moving right now as I type. ❤
- Emotions: better mood than last week, but I still get teary over anything and nothing
- To do: Planning my husband’s 30th birthday and researching family vehicles – I made a comparison spreadsheet for the latter. We have 3 models we’re interested in and definitely ruled out another last night. Still upset that one dealership sold one they had promised us first-dibs on test-driving… guess we will take our business elsewhere! We are planning to test-drive a few more this week.
E was the only family member who liked this vehicle (no carseat – we weren’t driving. Don’t worry, he’ll be rear-facing til he’s 2!).At 5’1″, visibility is a priority for me, and I couldn’t even see out the back window!
- Gender: Keeping a surprise.
- Names: We found a name we both love, but for the wrong gender. Go figure!
- Workouts: 2 Girls on the Run practices, 1 treadmill run, walking around the neighborhood. I have a 5k and 8k to run in May!
- Cravings: I’ve been more conscious about incorporating iron into my diet after my doctor pointed out last week that my prenatal vitamins lack iron supplements. This week I ate more leafy green spinach salads, steak, and homemade cheeseburger pie – yum!
- Aversions: yogurt still
- Crazy dreams: My husband and I renewed our wedding vows and had 20 minutes to get ready and be at the church, including tracking down and wearing everything we wore to our wedding.
- Maternity clothes: mostly pants. Because I lost so much weight while marathon-training, I pretty much had to switch to maternity pants the moment I found out I was pregnant!
- Best moment this week: Spending lots of time with my family. Bonus: It was outside. Also had a great prenatal checkup!
- Looking forward to: 3 day trips this week, plus Easter, spring, birthdays, and our son’s baby dedication. Also making time for new books from the library!
- Messages and prayers to baby: Rejoice! Romans 12:15 – so many people to celebrate this spring as we also celebrate you! As E was building a fort on the couch yesterday on a rainy, sleety day, I told him about you and how much fun you are going to have together! I am so grateful to give him a sibling and continue to pray for your healthy growth and development.