Week 16: Bumps & Wiggles
- Affirmations: Heartburn, round ligament pain, crazy heart palpitations (lasting up to an hour), hungry, sore throat (getting that checked out today)
- Emotions: More sensitive/emotional (I received sad news this week), easily annoyed, protective over baby and over this pregnancy in general. I’ve been very guarded over both my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies, although people may not relate to my hesitations. I get pressured now and then to share names we’ve considered or reveal gender*, and I definitely understand the excitement, but I think it’s also special to share all of that with just my husband as we pray over our growing baby together and savor each day at a time.
- To do: Doctor’s appointment today!
- *Gender: Keeping a surprise
- Names: Nothing new. Work is crazy and nights are busy with church and coaching! I finally got home last night at 10! Our lists remain the same.
- Workouts: Running at 2 Girls on the Run practices
- Cravings: Starburst. And more Starburst. They were buy 2 bags, get 1 free at Target this week. Just sayin’. (14 oz later…)
- Aversions: Um, one of my students yesterday was eating mushed pears covered in shredded cheddar.
- Crazy dreams: I had one, and I told my husband about it, but neither of us can remember it now.
- Best moment this week: (Besides fresh green peppers stuffed with homemade Philly cheesesteak?) Being at home with my family this weekend and E feeling better after an ear infection and pinkeye. And sharing our life story with our Life Group last night.
- Looking forward to: Hearing baby’s heartbeat today and seeing the doctor who delivered my first!
- Messages and prayers to baby: I think about you every minute! I’m going to try my hardest not to let you miss out on things that we did for E – baby book, parties, monthly pictures, photo sessions, etc. You deserve our best, just as much as he does! I keep a detailed paper journal of my pregnancy with you. I also pray that you find your own niche and don’t just do what your brother does. If you like something completely different, we’ll go with it, and not expect you to be and do the same things he does. You don’t have to love vacuums if you don’t want to!! If you want to copy his sleep habits, though, then by all means…