Today I completed week #6 of my Disney marathon training plan! It is nice to have a schedule to follow. It holds me accountable and helped me plan which races to sign up for this fall.
We instituted our second “Pasta Friday” dinner yesterday before our 7-mile training run today. My husband made this dish completely from leftovers: tomatoes, ground beef, cottage cheese, sour cream, pesto, seasoning, and farfelle pasta. YUM!
We hired a babysitter while we ran, since I didn’t want to run alone or that far on the treadmill. I had a Zone bar and a Nuun tablet in my water before we left, a chocolate GU packet after the 3rd mile, and a CLIF Builder’s protein bar and purple Gatorade afterward. It was a tough run, and it rained the last 2 miles we were out. But I was committed — money spent on a sitter, plus my husband running with me was enough motivation. My new running playlist is already getting old but we passed some interesting signs along our run:
Again, why I don’t run alone here.
Races are good motivators for me, and we’re just now entering into race season! I love collecting tech shirts and medals!
July 27: Sweet Dreams 5k— DONE!! Aug. 17: “Just a Little Goofy” virtual race (3.93 miles) — me only — (ran 4.02 miles)— DONE!! Aug. 24: Virginia Super Spartan Race (8 miles, 20+ obstacles on the black diamonds of Wintergreen)— DONE!! Aug. 31: Charlottesville Women’s 4-miler — me only— DONE!!
- Oct. 5: Crawlin’ Crab Half Marathon — hubby and me
- Oct. 12: Fall Foliage 10k (hubby only, I’ll be on baby duty)
- Oct. 20: Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon – me only
- Nov. 10: Virginia Running Festival Half Marathon (hubby only, baby duty for me)
- Dec. 7: ChristmasTown Dash 8k at Busch Gardens — both of us
- Jan. 10: Disney World inaugural 10k (me only)
- Jan. 11: Disney World Half Marathon (hubby only)
- Jan. 12: Disney World Marathon! (me)
- Jan. 11-12: Goofy Challenge – 39.3 miles (hubby only)
It looks like a lot, but we have to do long runs on the weekends anyway, so why not? We’re taking turns with some of the races, and still haven’t decided about a few on the list. 🙂
What are your favorite races in the fall?