My husband and I have been toying with the idea of moving for about 7 months now (and not, like, over to a different neighborhood. We’re talking, I-would-need-to-get-licensed-in-a-different-state sort of move). But with all of the changes we’re starting this year, it practically feels like we’ve moved without the burden of buying and selling a house:
1) I moved into a new office this summer! In the process, I decided to makeover my new space. I got rid of TONS of 30/40-year-old teaching materials, a process that has taken me the last 4 years to tackle. No matter how much I throw away each year, I am still finding bins full of old transparencies, faded bulletin board borders, outdated VHS tapes, and crusty puppets! It must be multiplying! I swapped out some furniture. I revamped old plastic shelf units (circa 1970s…) with hot pink and navy plastic-friendly Krylon spraypaint (found at Wal-Mart*, not sold at Lowe’s!), and refurbished the cork boards I’ll use to display the inevitable paperwork I’m sure I’ll need to reference all year. I did this by covering plain square cork boards with leftover scraps of fabric I had, hot glue, staples, and ribbon embellishments. Oh, and a little wooden crab. All free stuff I already had!
2) I have new administrators (a new Principal and Assistant Principal). I hope they still let us wear jeans on Fridays and give us awesome Christmas gifts as per tradition! That’s what’s important, right? 😉
4) We are visiting a new church
5) We are both pursuing new hobbies
6) We made up a new cooking routine
So…. we are excited to see where this year takes us!
*All opinions are original, and I was not compensated for any of the links/reviews I made in this post!